Vattenfall Energy Trading GmbH
Working Student (f/m/d) – Forecasting & Optimisation
- Online seit 28.10.2020
For the Forecasting & Optimisation team in the Vattenfall Business Area Markets we are now looking for a Working Student (f/m/d).
Vattenfall is one of the European market leaders in the generation of renewable energy and is primarily active in Scandinavia, Germany, UK and the Netherlands. Our goal is to make fossil-free living possible within one generation.
Within Vattenfall, Business Area (BA) Markets maximizes the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimizing and dispatching, hedging, and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimize 3rd party batteries, and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits.
The department Forecasting & Optimisation forecasts renewable energy production such as Wind and Solar and sells the production on the energy markets. For our location at Hamburg (Dammtorstraße), we are looking for a working student to support us.
You should join us if you are interested in renewables energy and getting access to abundant data on weather, assets, production, markets to validate, visualize, interpret, analyze and work with.
Support the optimization of one of Europe’s largest renewables portfolios:
- Analyse various weather phaenomena and their impact on European energy markets
- Support daily operation with tasks such as automation and data validation
- Create, maintain and automate reports
- Analyze and back-test marketing strategies for electricity marketsPotential to put analysis results into operational processes
Requirements and desired skills
- Student of a quantitative subject (e.g. mathematics, economics, engineering)
- Experience with a scripting language such as Python, R, Matlab, VBA
- Experience with or interest in energy markets and renewable energy
- You are reliable as you will be responsible for operational processes
- Working level fluency in English and ideally also German
- Good communication skills needed for alignments with external and internal stakeholders
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore, we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Start date: 01.12.2020 or 01.01.2021
Working time: 20 hours Working time: per week (flexible), up to 37 hours per week (full-time) in vacation time
Minimum duration: 6 months
Compensation: by agreement, Lunch subsidy provided, Fresh fruits, coffee and water at your disposal
Supervision of final thesis possible if a suitable topic is found.
Your application should contain a short motivation letter, CV, current grade reports and your certificate of enrollment.
For more information about the job and the department you are welcome to contact Benjamin Gustmann via phone +49 1525 922 4070 or for information about the recruitment process, please contact the recruiter Pia Preusser via phone +49 152 21788394.
We look forward to your application!
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- Nach Vereinbarung
- Vattenfall Energy Trading GmbH
- Dammtorstraße 29-32
- 20354 Hamburg, Deutschland
- Frau Pia Preusser