Student Employee Data Engineer & Operations (m/f/d)
- Online seit 20.11.2020
Join our international team
Statista is one of the world’s leading statistics portals.
As a multiple award-winning innovative digital company, Statista provides customers such as Google, Bloomberg, Forbes, Procter & Gamble, or Porsche with high-quality research & analysis, data intelligence, and content marketing products and services.
With 850 employees from over 57 nations and 12 subsidiaries in Europe, North America, and Asia, Statista derives its innovative energy from its internationality and diversity.
Statista provides a company culture based around learning by doing and entrepreneurship, offers great career opportunities, and combines the pioneering spirit of a start-up with the stability of an established company.
The Strategic Market Insights Department collects exclusive content for Statista about current topics for which data is scarce or unavailable using proprietary market models and expert surveys. The Operations Team is the technical backbone within the Strategic Market Insights Department. The team develops tools and processes within a highly automated unified data infrastructure to provide a robust and agile environment for analytical insights.
The role is expected to include, but not be limited to, the following aspects:
- Supporting the ETL development
- Writing SQL queries to extract data
- Maintaining databases and ensuring data consistency
- Searching for new solutions to improve the existing environment
You are a detail-oriented, self-motivated problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment. You also have the following:
- University student enrollment in one of the following subjects: computer science, physics, mathematics, economics, or a comparable field
- A data-driven mindset and distinctly analytical way of thinking
- Experience in SQL and databases
- Advanced skills in Python (Pandas, Numpy, and Scikit-learn); knowledge of VBA is a plus
- A willingness to learn
- A team player mindset
- Good communication skills with an ability to explain complex topics to team members and executives
- Confidence in communicating in English
- Availability (with flexible working hours) to work 16-20 hours/week
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- Nach Vereinbarung
- Statista GmbH
- Johannes-Brahms-Platz 1
- 20355 Hamburg, Deutschland
- Frau Tabea Meyer