PostDoc- Bioprocess and Analytical Development Protein Science-2012185
- Online seit 10.11.2020
At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
A lot to do despite Corona! Boehringer Ingelheim is still looking for new colleagues!
We are seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated and creative postdoctoral scientist to join the department of Bioprocess and Analytical Development at Boehringer Ingelheim in Biberach. Our department focuses on the development of mammalian cell-culture upstream, downstream and analytical processes for the production of various antibody formats.
The PostDoc project will involve investigating new technologies that facilitate data-based development predictions for downstream processing.This work will interface with other in-silico platforms projects initiated in development.
With your scientific expertise and innovative ideas, you can contribute to the development and implementation of a new approach for downstream process development. Through combining automated high-throughput screening, Process Analytical Technology (PAT) and mathematical approaches, molecular properties and patterns may be characterized and then used as inputs to predict an optimal downstream purification strategy.
We encourage applications from individuals with a strong scientific background and a keen interest in in-silico design and modelling for downstream processing and/or analytical technologies.
If you are interested in this new opportunity and hold a doctoral degree in Bioinformatics or (Bio-)Process Engineering, Bioanalytics, Biotechnology or related fields, please seize the opportunity and join us at our site in Biberach, Germany.
This position is limited for 2 years.
Note: To make it easier to find our job advertisements, we use the usual designation "Post Doc". Of course, this advertisement is not only addressed to applicants directly after completing their doctorate, but to all qualified candidates.
Tasks & responsibilities
- As a driver of technology projects, you combine advanced statistical modelling approaches with bioengineering knowledge and/or sophisticated (process) analytical tools.
- Additionally, you are responsible for the supervision, steering and cross-project communication of your project.
- With your strong communication skills you are the representative at project related interfaces and customers.
- You are responsible for the compiling of reports (English) as well as for supervision of students.
- Furthermore, you publish your results in peer-reviewed scientific journals and present your work at international conferences.
- With that, you can expect strong international interactions with neighboring expert functions across the Boehringer Ingelheim Network.
- PhD in Bioinformatics, (Bio-)Process Engineering, Biochemistry or other related fields, with several years of working experience in bioanalytics or protein characterization and purification
- Knowledge in mathematical modelling (e.g. MatLab or Python based) and automated high-throughput applications
- Experiences in data science (statistical evaluation, interpretation, trending)
- A proactive and well organized working manner, excellent organizational skills and the ability to respond to changing priorities and short lead times for multiple tasks
- Fluent in English and German (written and spoken), especially in technical writing and documentation
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. As a result of COVID-19, we have introduced alternative working arrangements to ensure that our employees can stay safe and healthy, because the health of our employees is among our top priorities. At all company locations, we work remotely whenever possible. Additionally, we are now hosting virtual video interviews for applicants. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the hygiene rules recommended by the Robert Koch Institute. New employees who do not start on site in production or the laboratories are sent the necessary IT equipment, our Welcome Days take place online, and we plan to conduct their onboarding training virtually whenever possible.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area.
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Please contact our Recruiting EMEA Team: Stefanie Seidel, Tel: +49 (7351) 54-187794
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- This position is limited for 2 years.
- Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co KG
- Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co KG
- 88397 Biberach an der Riß, Deutschland
- Frau Stefanie Seidel