Internship in Quantitative Research (Data Science, Machine Learning, Mathematica
- Online seit 08.01.2021
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
10 week summer programme (July to September 2021)
09:00-17:30 working hours
Based in Central London
Joining G-Research’s Summer Internship Programme, you will be given a meaningful and challenging research project that demands the application of innovative yet pragmatic mathematical and computational analysis.
Using rigorous scientific methodology, robust statistical analysis, and pattern recognition, you will extract meaningful predictive signals from financial time-series and use these to predict future dynamics.
Your project will give you the opportunity to use a wide range of techniques in areas such as mathematical modelling, deep learning, optimisation, and machine learning in a practical and challenging context. Additional work may involve the implementation of back-testing frameworks to ensure signal robustness or the creation of a pipeline which constructs and simulates the performance of a portfolio derived from various input signals.
For the duration of the internship, you will collaborate with one of our Quantitative Researchers who will act as a mentor as you work on your independent project. You will receive structured feedback and reviews to help you to improve and develop, culminating in a final presentation of your research ideas to senior management. Upon successful completion of the programme, many interns are offered the opportunity to join us full-time once they have completed their studies.
Taking part in G-Research’s Summer Internship Programme will give you an in-depth insight into our academic approach to the world of quantitative finance and allow you to explore the thriving city of London, while you get to know your fellow interns and colleagues through a full itinerary of fun social events.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus generous accommodation allowance
- G-Research community with weekly intern activities
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will, at minimum, have experience in the following areas:
- Strong background in mathematics
- Intermediate level of programming in at least one OO language (Python/C# desirable)
- An interest in applying data science, machine learning & optimisation techniques to real-world problems
- You should be in the final or penultimate year of a Masters or PhD in a highly technical or quantitative subject such as mathematics, physics, statistics, engineering or computer science
- We also like to see active Git Hub/Kaggle profiles (but these aren’t a prerequisite)
Previous experience in finance is not required, although an interest in finance and the motivation to rapidly learn more is a prerequisite for working here.
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- Nach Vereinbarung
- Highly competitive
- Whittington House, 19-30 Alfred Place
- WC1E 7EA London, Vereinigtes Königreich
- Emily Higgins