Intern - Trading (f/m/d)
- Online seit 29.10.2020
Every day, millions of containers are transported - and every third container is empty! We solve that problem.
How? The container is the single biggest innovation in logistics of the last century and has revolutionized not only an entire industry but also changed the way we live and do business. However, while this iron box itself is simple, standardized and efficient; Using and owning containers is an operational nightmare. Market transparency is limited, trust along the value chain is low and most processes are manual and error-prone. Our mission is to change this - by providing a neutral platform for container owners and users to collaborate easily and efficiently. We're here to connect global container logistics to take the hassle out of owning and transporting container equipment.
Intern - Trading (f / m / d)
As a Trading Intern, you will focus on making our Trading Marketplace the go to place to buy and sell containers. You will play a key role in increasing the reach and awareness of the trading marketplace across the xChange Network. You will also have the chance to take ownership of your own exciting projects that work toward improving the xChange Trading Marketplace.
- Contacting suppliers to collect and validate the sales offers they have, automating the process along the way
- Stay in close contact with all trading members, helping to get inactive users active again
- Help kick-start negotiations by providing business proposals to potential sellers and buyers
- Provide support to customers throughout the entire trading process (with payments, documentation etc.)
- Additional exciting projects to automate & streamline the process, create data reports, design new features and so on
- You are a recent graduate, ideally in Business, Economics or in another relevant field
- Excellent communication skills, confidence to interact with our customers
- You are proactive, persistent, and diligent in all your tasks
- You have a data driven mindset and a hands-on mentality
- Excellent knowledge of excel / google sheets - basic knowledge of MySQL
- You have a strong desire to learn while also taking ownership of your tasks
- Fluency in English - additional languages are a plus
What to expect
- The opportunity to bring in your own ideas and make the xChange Trading Marketplace THE place to buy and sell containers worldwide
- Exciting challenges in a dynamic work environment of a high-growth start-up from day one!
- Great location - our office is in the city center of Hamburg
- A young international team (around 30 nationalities across our 60+ colleagues)
- An open minded and collaborative culture with extremely flat hierarchies
- Flexibility with home-office opportunities
- Regular team events - we all want to have a great time together!
- Monthly team breakfast
- Fresh fruit, drinks, coffee & Friday beers; D.
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- Nach Vereinbarung
- Container xChange
- Holstenwall, 5
- 20355 Hamburg, Deutschland
- Steph von Platen