Field Service Engineer
- Online seit 28.10.2020
The Field Service Engineer will install, repair, and maintain Agena proprietary equipment at customer sites. Provide support services to new and existing customers. Provide technical support to customers.
- Provide technical service to customers through the installation, calibration, repair, training, and maintenance of Agena systems via phone, email, internet and on-site support.
- Assist customers on technical and service related issues.
- Interface with company Sales Representatives, Customer Service, Applications & Technology, Product Support and other departments to build and support professional and comprehensive customer relationship management.
- Follow departmental protocols including, but not limited to, service call scheduling, parts ordering, Return Materials Authorization, service call logging and expense reporting.
- Complete field change orders, customer complaint handling, and instrument configuration documentation for ISO compliance.
- Repair, install and maintain mass spectrometers, dispensing equipment, liquid handlers, computers/databases, and application software.
- Manage spare parts trunk-stock inventory, and company owned test equipment.
Required skills and experience
- Basic knowledge of IT and networking concepts, including Oracle Database.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office applications, and able to perform Windows OS maintenance tasks from written instructions.
- Amazing Customer facing and customer service interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Applies principles, concepts, practices and standards of a professional field to complete a variety of on-going assignments and projects.
- Uses professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve a variety of problems.
- Analyzes quantitative information and applies professional judgment to resolve a variety of moderately complex problems.
- Works on a variety of assignments that are semi-routine in nature, requiring the ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice.
- Receives predetermined work assignments with specific instructions.
- Works under general supervision.
- Follows established procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Builds productive internal/external relationships; actively represents area in inter-departmental projects.
- Interacts daily with peers, subordinates, functional peer groups and customers.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external personnel on various matters; demonstrates tact and diplomacy, and uses discretion in handling sensitive matters.
- Capable of writing clear, coherent internal business communications.
- Prepares and formally presents results of work to small audiences; participates in large- group presentations.
- Impacts team effectiveness through the quality of own work and potentially the work of others.
- Failure to achieve results may cause delay in project schedules and result in allocation of more resources.
- Works on problems of moderate scope; exercises judgment and independently identifies next steps.
- Acts as resource to other team members.
- Integrates team efforts and models team behavior.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in physics, biotechnology, bioengineering, electronics, biochemistry, or related field.
- 1+ years of field service, customer support, technical support or similar customer-facing experience for Engineer.
- Previous experience with sophisticated, complex and/or scientific laboratory equipment a plus.
- Experience in life science industry and with mass spectrometry is desirable.
Physical Demands & Environmental Conditions
- Visits a variety of customers in a variety of locations and settings.
- Must follow laboratory and electrical safety practices when working at customer sites.
- Frequently required to push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly stands for 6-8 hours a day; frequently kneels, walks, and carries objects; occasionally sits; works on a computer for up to 3 hours a day.
- Manual dexterity to work with hand tools and electro-mechanical components.
- Must be able to read and understand technical engineering documentation.
- The position will work in a team environment, interacting with all related cross functional groups throughout the organization, including executive management, manufacturing operations, research and development, business development and marketing, finance, legal, and external consultants where applicable.
- Ability to travel to other locations as needed
- Requires a valid Driver’s License, and ability to drive daily.
- Frequent overnight travel by automobile and air.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work assigned with this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
This description is a guideline for major duties for this position. Agena reserves the right to change or assign duties as needed.
Agena Bioscience, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- Unbefristet, ab Dienstag, 01 Dez. 2020
- Agena Bioscience GmbH
- Gasstrasse 18, Haus 5
- 22761 Hamburg, Deutschland
- Frau Dagmar Kasper